The Graduate Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Gerontology meets the needs of students interested in the process of aging, incorporating theoretical principles with practical applications. Our program’s goal is to graduate students who understand the basic processes of aging, apply theoretical approaches to aging to their particular fields and circumstances, and can evaluate information about older adults
This Certificate in Gerontology meets the standards for gerontology programs of the Association for Gerontology in Higher Education (AGHE), the professional organization of post-secondary gerontology programs in the United States.
Prospective students are drawn from allied health professions, social work, counseling, as well as sociology, biology, and psychology majors. Prospective students might also include:
• Accountants or financial planners evaluating the effects of aging on financial trends.
• Educational administrators focusing on the needs and interests of older students.
• Interior/product designers concentrating on design principles that reflect an understanding of the aging process.
• Health or athletic trainers focusing on older adult wellness, tailoring programs to meet needs and abilities of the elderly.
• Advertisers or marketers evaluating spending and entertainment trends of older populations.
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Gerontology information from the UNCG Graduate School
- Plan Of Study for Certificate
- Request an application from the UNCG Graduate School. (Please send ALL applications to the Graduate School, NOT to the Gerontology Program.)
- Gainful employment information for this Certificate
- Employment examples from the UNCG Gerontology Post-Baccalaureate Certificate