UNCG Gerontology Master’s degree student Ana Herrera recently received notice that she is one of three recipients of the 2016 Southeastern Association of Area Agencies on Aging (SE4A) Scholarship Awards.
In recognition of her dedicated studies in gerontology — which began spring semester 2016 — Ana Herrera will receive $1,000 funding toward her education in gerontology, plus an invitation to attend the 2016 SE4A Conference this October in Biloxi, MS.
The SE4A represents aging agencies throughout Alabama, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Kentucky — a wide ranging coalition of agencies to share information and provide a unified voice for the expression of programmatic needs of older Americans. SE4A objectives include:
- Encourage the development and enhancement of a coordinated and unified network on aging in the Southeast.
- Advocate actions and education to increase visibility and credibility of the aging network.
- Provide a unified group of voices to congress, AoA, the public/private sectors, the National Coalition of Aging Organizations, and other significant groups or individuals in communicating issues on behalf of older Americans.
- Support and enhance the work of Area Agencies on Aging and their state associations.
- Design and implement specialized training to strengthen and enhance the Southeast Aging Network.
Congratulations, Ms. Herrera and our compliments to her mentors here in the UNCG Gerontology Program!